Catfishing. Are people who they say they are?
When someone sets up a fake online profile to trick other people who are looking for connection/love. Things to watch out for – they don’t have many friends. Their story never adds up. They waste loads of your time online. When something doesn’t feel right listen to yourself and speak with someone you trust.
Grooming is when someone builds a relationship and a ‘trusting’ emotional connection so they can manipulate, exploit and abuse you.
Consequences of nudes #sexting
It may have seemed like a good idea in the moment but once you have pressed that send button it’s out of your hands. And even though you thought you trusted that person, can you? Once images have been sent it can lead to bullying, emotional abuse, blackmail, revenge porn, harassment, embarrassment, anxiety, low self-esteem and even depression. Gosh, is it really worth it? No.
Be smart, don’t share anything and everything about yourself online, particularly personal information for example where you live. Also check out the privacy settings of the apps you download so you know what people can see and know about you. If you aren’t aware of it, it should be easy to find out, as the app should give you this information directly.
Although it may seem like you are dating a person online, it is not the same as an in person relationship. Instead, it can lead to a mess of emotions you don’t know what to do with. If you are speaking or even dating someone online, then talk to a trusted person in your “real” life about it, so they can be a reality check for you #dontgetobsessed
Like the song TINDER LOVE!!! Anything that is online might be fake, exaggerated or half true. Don’t be disappointed when you discover that your Tinder dream is not real or is not like you had imagined in your fantasies!
SOME REASONS WHY PEOPLE USE DATING APPS:
- Because of the thrill of excitement and just care about the thrill for themselves and not the other person/people.
- Because its cool and everybody is using it.
- Because they are looking for a relationship and for finding someone to love and care for.
- To feel good about themselves, to feel attractive, getting compliments and boost their self-esteem.
- To have casual sex.
- To get to know people and are not necessarily interested in sex.
- To abuse others.
- Because they are curious.
- To have the possibility to get in touch with people that they would never meet in real life.